Friends of Writers Reading Series Project
Friends of Writers would like to remind MFA program alumni of the Reading Series project. Through this project, Friends of Writers offers small grants of $100 to alumni to support already-planned readings to promote new publications.
- Grants of $100 will be made to alumni to support already-planned readings to promote new books
- Because the spirit of this project is to share resources with as many alumni as possible, each alum is eligible for one mini-grant per publication
- A publication is defined as a chapbook or book
- Within one week after the event, recipients must submit an Event Report (template provided)
- As possible FoW board members will attend readings
- FoW will give out 15 grants in the first 6 months of the grant year and 15 in the second half
- When FoW sends you a check, we’ll also be sending materials about the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson and about FoW’s work (e.g. the Holden Scholarship)
Friends of Writers requests that:
- You list FoW as a co-host of the reading
- You create a space at the reading to share information about the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson and about FoW, including – if possible – a laptop open to our website
- You share a list of attendees with us so we can tell them more about FoW’s work to support students and alumni of the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson.
Questions or comments or to get an application: contact firstname.lastname@example.org